Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Simply Amazing!

Amazing Amazon! I just love Amazon and Craigslist no telling what you'll find if you just keep your eyes open. I got home this evening and low and behold a package was sitting by the door. "Hmm wonder what this could be?" I asked myself. I took it in and opened it and My new book had arrived.

    And what book was it you ask? LOL Well a very entertaining and informative book:
"Jams, Jellies, and other sweet preserves"

jams_cover_thumb

I have decided to try my hand at making some jam. Apricot Jam to be exact. Since I picked up 2 dozen jelly jars from a lady on Craigslist. (for Free I might add) And was able to purchase 6 pounds of apricots for only .75 a pound from a local farmers market.

  I  promise to make sure that I up load the recipe and how the jam turns out. And I plan to gift my neighbor with a pint jar of jam in the hopes I might discuss with them there Nectarine and plums that seem to be falling off their fruit trees.

  We shall see!

  Just a slight word keep your eyes open for a lot of things at flea markets, garage and yard sales. Couple of weeks ago I was able to grab 2 military sleeping bags (and not the old mummy kind either) newer "black bag" sleeping bags for 20 bucks TOTAL! Coleman Lantern in the carrying case, 5 dollars just needed a couple of mantles.

No comments:

Post a Comment