Saturday, July 9, 2011

Have you really thought about "REMEMBERANCE"?

I know this is a little late but here it is anyway!

Things I remember on "Memorial Day"

 My Father, who passed away in 2000. A career Army NCO with 30 years 6 months of Honorable service to this country. A man that took me 35 years to truly know and understand. Being that I was born in 1958, (yeah I know old) and the fact he served in the very last days of WWII, Korea, and even Vietnam, (64-69)
Having been wounded 13 times,

 Purple Heart
 PurpleHeart.jpg

awarded the Silver Star,
 Silver Star medal.png

Bronze Star twice, 
 Bronze Star medal.jpg

and almost every medal that the Korean Goverment and the Vietnam Goverment gave to a foriegn Service man.

What did my father do in the military? He was a combat medic, so I am sure you can understand when he came home he was a little messed up. Not crazy but suffering from what we now call "Delayed Stress Syndrome" Am I proud of my old man? YOU DAMN WELL BETCHA I AM!
  
I pray the God will allow me to be at least half the man My Dad was. I am also glad my father didn't live to see what has happened to this country and what it has become.

The loss of our 4th amendment right:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Cause I can sure tell you that if the police tried to serve a warrant to me the way they did to others by just yelling warrant and kicking open my door, at 3 am. Well lets just say I won't be the only one being buried.

No comments:

Post a Comment