Saturday, April 16, 2011

Great start to a weekend

Today was a great start to the weekend (sort of that is) Since my weekend actually starts on Friday and ends on Saturday, LOL. I work Sunday-Thursday. My better half works the traditional Monday-Friday routine.

We both love to garage/yard sale and this weekend was pretty good. Scored a nice kerosene glass lamp complete with brand new chimney and wick $2.00, woo hoo (it holds about 1 1/2 pins of fuel and stands about 14" high). A hand made (1956 7' 8") bamboo fly rod AND REEL! That was only $5.00. 5 qt cast iron dutch oven still in the box (looked as if it had never even been used) $1.00! Scored a nice 5 gallon gas can (unfortunately it is a CA CARB Compliant can) only $5 dollars, now I only need $25.00 to fill it.

Every payday the wife and I try to put a little something towards our Stash (food, preps, ammo, and other things) we feel we will be needing in the future. Scored a very nice hand crank SW Radio off Ebay. Been scouring the web for as much information as I can find on Solar, Wind, and other energy sources that I can make by myself.

Got my first Tomato plants out in there buckets all six of them. And am planting pole beans in two buckets with about 4' of chicken wire strung between the buckets on 6' tall poles. Saw this on another Blog and the site owner said they hauled in a little over 3 bushels of beans over the course of the summer. If it works that well for me this year then watch out next year.

Just a few prices current here (April 16, 2011):
Gas regular unleaded (Gallon)$4.05
2% milk (gallon) $2.88
3# whole coffee beans $16.88
Sugar C&H 4# bag $2.48
Flour 5# bag $1.66
Loaf of Bread Whole wheat 20 oz $2.58

No comments:

Post a Comment